- How we, through this website and any forms for submission of personal data on this website, use the information we collect about you;
- How you may instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information; and
- The procedures that we have to safeguard your privacy.
1. The information we collect through this website and how we use it
The information that we collect and store during your visit to this website is meant to monitor use of this website and to help its further development. Visiting the website alone does not result in any personally identifiable data being collected or stored.
The purposes for which we collect information include:
- to provide you with any information, products or services that you may request or require;
- to respond to your feedback or queries;
- if you have subscribed to an email list, to send information about our company, products or services to your e-mail address;
- for administrative, operation and/or internal purposes such as auditing, book-keeping and preparation of financial reports (including disclosure to auditors), data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, advertising, communications and other customer-related activites;
- to process any registration;
- troubleshoot problems;
- for enrolment in promotional activities (such as lucky draws), statistical analyses, marketing and/or survey participation conducted by us from time to time;
- resolve any disputes; and/or
- in relation to any purchase or order of our products, to facilitate and/or process any such purchase or order (including billing, payment and settlement, delivery or collection of the products, etc).
We may share your personal information with members of the Hyflux Group (which includes our affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures worldwide). We may use and disclose your personal information as permitted or required by the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) or any other law, including when we believe such disclosure to be necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with any court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process to which we are subject.
A cookie is a small file that may be added and placed on your computer’s hard drive, which helps to analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to a user on a website. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. The information that these cookies collect is not used to send you targeted advertising or remember where you have been on the Internet.
Non-registered visitors of this website are sent anonymous cookies to keep track of their browsing patterns and may assist us to build up a demographic profile.
As a general security measure, we recommend that you clear the cache data in your web browser immediately after you complete any transaction/request on the website.
3. Data quality
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
4. Data security
Transmission of information via the Internet is not always secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data while being transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
However, we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Once we have received your information, we will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We will not keep personal information for longer than is necessary and will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
5. Access and Correction
As a general rule, we will upon any request from you, provide you as soon as reasonably possible with personal information about you that is in our possession and information about the ways in which the personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed within a year before the date of the request.
We will also, if and where you request that we correct an error or omission in the personal data about you that is kept with us, correct such data as soon as practicable and send the corrected personal data to every organisation to which the personal data was sent before it had been corrected, unless that organisation does not need the corrected personal data for any legal or business purpose.
We may however choose not to provide you with access to or correct such information, in accordance with the exceptions under the PDPA, including cases where:
- we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that the correction should not be made;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious or the information requested is trivial;
- the personal information is related to a prosecution and all the proceedings related to the prosecution have not been completed;
- the personal data, if disclosed, would reveal confidential commercial information that could, in the opinion of a reasonable person, harm the competitive position of the organisation; or
- the personal data was collected, used or disclosed for the purposes of an investigation and associated proceedings and appeals have not been completed.
We may decide to impose a nominal charge to cover the cost of verifying a request for information and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
6. Trans-border Data Flows
If your personal information is transferred to a country or territory outside Singapore, for instance, if some services are sub-delegated to overseas resource centres or if the personal information is required for supervisory, administrative or operational purposes within the Hyflux Group, we will ensure that the recipients thereof provide a standard of protection to your personal information so transferred that is comparable to that which is provided herein.
7. Updating your details
If any of the information that you have provided to us through this website changes (for example, if you change your e-mail address, telephone number, payment details or if you wish to cancel your email updates subscription), please contact us.
8. Your consent
9. Links to other websites
This website may contain links to or from third party websites whose data protection and privacy policies and practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy policies of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites before accessing them and/or providing any personal information to them.
If you have any queries or requests or wish to make any applications concerning your personal information or data, please contact us.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction